TV25

 Overview: This project was almost a sneak peek as to what a real client project is like. The client, Brian Short, wanted a new and improved website for his company, TV25. His website, was very basic and needed some flare. So he came in as a client for us.

Pre-production: To begin this project, we needed to know what he actually wanted in his website. He came in one day to give a us all the details. Some made sense, like have a rotating menu to display deals and what was on and such. However, there were factors that didn't make sense, like how he wanted the website to look simple and trendy, but also have a lot going on, which seemed to clash. In a professional setting, this is one of the obstacles that I found happen all the time: the client not knowing what they want. It was really interesting to see how we worked with that "idea" in mind. Next, he wanted a new logo. We started with some basic sketches, and then went on the computer to create them in Illustrator. We planned out how the website was going to look in Illustrator as, so we had a picture to refer back to.

Production: Finally, it was time to make the actual website. I decided to use a Bootstrap to help aid me in making the website. However, I learned that this was probably not the best route to take, but I heaved on to make it look as presentable as possible. I wanted to make a gradient of his two main color, red and white. Somehow this turned pink and I still don't understand to this day how that happened. Anyways, I got all my content down and links, and then I realized that Mr. Short was coming in a couple days and I still had not finished my other pages. Well I hurried up with the content for those and then it was finally time to present.

Presentation: When Mr. Short came for us to present, I definitely had butterflies in my stomach. I didn't want him to be disappointed with my project and regret working with us. When I finally presented to him, I tried to be as confident as possible and professional. I wanted to show him where I got my ideas and how some of my ideas would benefit his website.

Strengths: Some of the strengths for this website was the content. Mr. Short really seem to like my user review section. The user friendliness of the website seemed to also be a plus.
Weaknesses: The overall layout of the website seem pretty bland and boring. It looked very uniform, no matter what I tried to do to make it seem more unique. Some other technical errors could have fixed as well before, like the color of the links.

Conclusion: Overall, this project was a learning experience. I am now understanding what it would be like to have a client project in a professional setting, especially since there were definitely many obstacles to go through with this.

Comments

Popular Posts