Web Design Final Reflection

Technology: 
In this program, I not only learned how to use a Mac computer, but also all the Adobe software. I was completely clueless in this kind of software and this program really helped with broadening my understanding of these programs. I learned it through exposure, and looking alot of it up on Google. The teachers were also very helpful with learning this new material. It was important because having this understanding is essential to survive in this program. There is only use of Mac computers and Adobe software. This also helps in the future if you want to pursue a job in this kind of field. I definitely had some challenges in along the way; I was so confused when coming into this program. I felt as though people I was behind because I had to technological background. However, I soon became a better and more experienced designer.


Collaboration: 
Although there haven't been many group projects, there is always that factor of bouncing ideas off one another to create the perfect product. I learned this through just talking with my classmates and figuring out that we sometimes had similar ideas or we had different ideas and we could come to find a happy medium. It was important because I was able to broaden my level of thinking and creativity and also was able to heighten my expertise in this field. I did face some challenges,  for example, the e9 project where we had to market our product. When sometimes the ideas would clash between people in groups, some people wanted to take a completely different route than the other people in the group. Luckily, there was a happy medium found.


Communication: 
I would say that this is my strongest category of the 5. I already have pretty good communication, but this program just helped me flourish in this field. I learned this through getting over my fear of talking to strangers and expressing myself. At the beginning of the sophomore year I didn't talk to any of the teachers, but as time went on my fear calmed down and I became more open about my feelings. This is important, because there needs to be that level of communication for there to be any progress. I did face challenges by figuring out that I needed to be more expressive towards others so they know what I think of a particular situation.


Project Management: 
This is my weakest of the 5 categories. I have been known to be a notorious procrastinator in this class. I learned this through the several blog posts I was missing for my Animation class during sophomore year and I typed them all the night before. This is important because I have learned to manage my time more wisely, I still am awful with time management, but I have learned to be more time efficient. I have faced challenges as I do have many friends in this class. I needed to learn how to still talk to my friends and get my work done. I managed this through sitting in a different spot than my friends and only talking to them after I was done.


Leadership: 
I learned through leadership through just taking initiative when needed. I am usually a follower, but through this program I learned how to become more of a leader when I feel like I need to. It is important, because leadership is a good life skill to have. The importance of this skill is astronomically more important than the other skills, as this can be applied to other events in my life. I have face challenges through just getting over my fear of being a leader and taking that kind of initiative.


Strengths and Weaknesses:
My greatest strength is probably my ability to communicate with others. I am able to express my ideas easily. I have improved this through just not being afraid of expressing myself, and this program has helped me tremendously. My greatest weakness is my ability to manage my projects. I get distracted very easily and lose focus of what is really important. I need to work on not getting so distracted and only relaxing and talking to friends after I am done with my project that has been assigned.


What I am going to do:
I am going to take what I have learned this past year and apply it to next year. I am going to take all the new stuff I have learned with Photoshop and Illustrator and apply it to next year. I will also help teach the next year of junior the same stuff that I have learned. I want to make the juniors feel the same amount of comfort and acceptance that I felt when I came in that first day of Junior year. My experience can help influence the next class.


Changes:
If there was one thing I would change, it would be to have more teaching during class instead of just working on projects. I think having more learning experience from the teacher would help further my understanding of the computer and the software that I use. Having that support and guidance would help enhance my work ethic and expertise even better. I think that it would be more helpful to just have more of a teacher presence in the class instead of feeling like the actual work environment.


Conclusion:
Overall,  this class is very helpful with not only advancing my creative and technological skills, but also my social skills as well. This year was a blast and I can't wait to see what senior has in store for me.


Comments

  1. The post is absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration both of which we all need! Also like to admire the time and effort you put into your blog. For more info visit
    ecommerce website development company | ECommerce Development Company in Bangalore|

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts